At first, download the theme package(All files & documentation) from the Downloads page. Then extract all files from the Cookie 1.0.zip
Installing the theme via Dashboard
Step 1 – Login to your WordPress Admin page and go to Appearance/Themes.
Step 2 – Click Add New and then Upload Theme.
Step 3 – Click Choose file and locate cookie.zip from the extracted .zip.
Step 4 – Click Install Now
Note: You may face the following common issues while Installation
– The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet. here is the fix, https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821510
– Are you sure you want to do this? here is the tip, http://demo.agnidesigns.com/cookie/documentation/before-getting-started/#php-config
Installing the theme via FTP
Step 1 – Extract the cookie.zip from the main package.
Step 2 – Login/Connect to your server via FTP Client
Step 3 – Go to “wp-content/themes/” at your installed WordPress directory.
Step 4 – Upload the cookie folder (Now you have successfully installed the theme).
Step 5 – Login to WordPress Admin Page and go to Appearance/Themes and activate the cookie.
Installing the child theme
All modifications/customizations inside the files should be done via child theme and do not change/modify any files inside the parent theme(cookie). You can install the child theme in the same way you have done for cookie.zip. Cookie includes the child theme is named cookie-child.zip
Cookie comes up with few essential plugins. You can find & install the plugins under Appearance/Install Plugins.
Installing the plugins
Step 1 – Go to Appearance/Install Plugins.
Step 2 – Click Install on your desired plugins then click Activate.
- Agni Framework – Its a core plugin for Cookie theme.
- Visual Composer – Drag & Drop visual Page builder for this theme without any coding skills.
These two plugins have been activated automatically once you have done the installation.
- Revolution Slider – Premium responsive slider, it can do almost everything.
- Contact Form 7 – Simple Plugin for creating contact forms.
- WooCommerce – Shopping plugin to sell everything, its easy & reliable.
- MailChimp for WordPress Lite – It connects your mailchimp account with wordpress and it also helps to create a simple subscribe form & newsletters.
- Envato WordPress toolkit – Plugin which helps you to update the theme automatically.
Note: All your existing settings will be preserved during/after Update.
– To keep you updated with the theme, you should activate the Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin which is bundled with the theme.
– Once you’ve activated the theme, you can find the new menu named Envato Toolkit at your left side.
– To get an update, you have to input your Marketplace Username & Secret API key.
Manual Update(To update the theme without plugin)
Step 1 – Download the latest version of theme from the Downloads page.
Step 2 – Go to Appearance/Themes and deactivate and delete the current theme(cookie).
Step 2 – Now, install the new theme again.
Step 3 – Verify that all the Required/Recommended plugins are up to date via Appearance/Install Plugins.
Note: if you can’t able to see Install Plugins under the Appearance menu means all your plugins are up to date.
Importing Demo content
To make your site building process quick and simple, cookie allows you to install the demo content. And this process can be done by a single click. This process will import following things
- All posts, portfolio, pages, team, clients, testimonials, Agni Sliders, products(if woocommerce installed).
- Navigation Menus.
- Theme Options.
- Contact Forms.
- Sliders(revolution slider).
One Click Install
Step 1 – Go to Cookie/Theme Options/Demo Importer.
Step 2 – Click Import Demo on All Content then click Import Demo on your desired demos