Pages are the most important and necessary feature of WordPress. You can create a page by simply clicking Pages/Add New. To enhance basic/limited functionalities of the pages, cookie includes some additional options to customize the layout. So each page contains a Page Options which includes a following,
- Fullwidth – Its a checkbox and allows you to use the fullwidth(100%) of the screen.
- Remove Title & Remove Margin – Those checkboxes remove the title & margins(top & bottom) respectively.
- Transparent Header – Its an another checkbox which sets only your header’s background to transparent when you are at the top.
- Reverse Header Skin – Sometimes we may need to use dark background with lite text or vice-versa for the corresponding page alone. So this checkbox reverse the header skin tone which is set globally via Option Panel.
- Agni Sliders List – It allows you to include the Agni Sliders which you have created at Agni Slider menu
Creating a Page with Page Builder
Step 1 – Go to Pages/Add New.
Step 2 – Enter your Page title.
Step 3 – Switch to Backend editor from the Classic mode and click Add Element and add any of the elements from the list.
Step 4 – Click Edit Row which can be found at top right of the backend editor.
Step 5 – Then add your row ID & class name and Save Changes.
Creating a Page Header
You can add a header for every page, post and portfolio which you have created. To create Page header you have to fill atleast the background image/background color at Page Header Options. This page header options can be found at the bottom of each page/post/portfolio/product’s editor.
- Height* – You can set the fullwidth or fixed height to the header.
- Fullwidth – It stretches the content to the 100%.
- Background Choice* – You can choose any image/color to the background. Background image will be soft crapped automatically to fit inside the header.
- Parallax Values – Parallax starting value applies when the element’s top at the top of the screen. Parallax end value applies when the element’s bottom at the top of the screen.
- Title Rotator – Its a unique feature made for this theme. It will display the sequence of given value(title) one by one with animation.
- Title, Description & Button – These fields allow us to display title, description and a simple button.
- Alignment – It helps you to align the content both horizontally & vertically.
- Padding – In some occasions (mostly when you are choosing vertical alignment to the top/bottom), you may need to add some space at below/above the content.
- Navigation Links – It enables the breadcrumb to display inside the header.
* – fields can not be left empty.
Page with Agni Slider
Though, this theme has an awesome revolution slider, sometimes we may need simple and pre-formatted slider yet unique and beautiful, so that our theme Cookie has powered by its own & unique slider called Agni Slider. Follow these below steps to create Agni Slider.
Creating a Agni Slider
Step 1 – Go to Agni Slider/Add New Slide.
Step 2 – Enter your Slider title.
Step 3 – Choose your desired slider from the Slider Choice.
Step 4 – Fill the necessary details and click Add another slide to create an another slide.
Step 5 – Click Publish to save the slider.
A short video tutorial to create a page with agni slider
Page Attributes contains 3 metaboxes( parent, template & order ) and can be located at the right middle of the page editor. These 3 fields allow you to setup basic behaviour of the page. We will discuss in detail about the Template field below.
Cookie includes two page templates named.
- Portfolio – This template will act like a latest posts page. Basically, it will display all the portfolio items which are created under Portfolio menu. And you can control the items’ display behaviour at the option panel (Cookie/Theme Options/Portfolio Settings).
- Coming Soon – This template will help you to display the content when the page is under construction. It generally removes the menu.